Areas of Expertise
Direct Management and Operation of Skilled Nursing and Long Term Care Facilities
iCare Management, LLC. is a licensed and established operator of skilled nursing facilities
Consulting and Specialty Healthcare Management
iCare offers a range of consulting services and ancillary supports
Company Background and Values
Skilled nursing and long term care business units of any size can generally be broken down into four major components: physical, operational, clinical, and financial. iCare excels in managing, refining and improving all four of these components as an operator, manager and through consulting engagements.
iCare Consulting provides extensive expertise to the skilled nursing and long term care industry using different models to meet specific needs. In addition to the day-to-day management models, iCare offers consulting services on a long-term or short-term basis.
iCare uses a series of proprietary tools to serve existing and affiliated organizations throughout our network of programs, facilities and operations.
iCare Consulting provides seasoned executives to work with local leadership teams, with specific work plans designed to accomplish the desired objectives.
Team members assigned to consulting projects are selected based on the specific expertise requested and the requirements of the business plan and include licensed clinical social work leaders, nurse executives, quality of life specialists, case management professionals, behavioral program managers and more.
Consulting Areas of Expertise
Facility Operations: Regulatory/Clinical Reimbursement, Facility Development, Staffing, Leadership and Succession Planning, Infection Control, Staff Development, Admissions Process, Logistics, Program, and Overall Strategy, Administration Oversight and Staff Training and Crisis Management
Financial and Market: Feasibility Studies, Commercial Contract Negotiations, Reimbursement Analysis, Financial Forecasting, including Budget Preparation, Cost and Revenue Cycle Management, Provider Payor Enrollment, Expense Reduction, Marketing, Acquisitions, Growth Plans, General Feasibility Studies and Build-out Analysis,
- Regulatory Compliance: Survey Preparation and Management, Enforcement, Accident and Incident Mitigation, Impact Assessments, State and Federal Regulatory Liaison, Licensing and Certification Consulting, Certificate of Need
Clinical: Quality Measures, Quality of Life, Care Planning, MDS, Clinical Programming with a specialty in behavioral health, substance use recovery, transitional care, veteran and memory care.
Sample Consulting Projects
- Structured and Reproducible Preparation for Annual Survey
- Use of LTC Integrity and ARC system for Compliance and QAPI solutions and projects.
- General quality improvement projects and programs such as reducing off label use of anti-psychotic medications, reducing use of restraints, reducing falls, and more.
- Dynamic staffing assessments.
- Predictive financial modeling and analysis.
- Cost management assessments and development of controls.
- Immediate jeopardy mitigation and plan of correction/improvement plans.
Specialty Healthcare Management
iCare’s experience has shown that reaching high performance status, achieving high CMS star ratings, putting in place robust and reproducible processes and systems, repairing relationships and gaining industry recognition increases public confidence in service reliability, and achieves economic efficiencies through productive use of network resources.
Here are a few types of specialty management engagements:
- Managing skilled nursing facilities through receivership and restructuring arrangements and other management consulting engagements;
- Managing, facilitating and partnering in healthcare real estate transactions through ventures and engagments with real estate investment trusts (REITs),
- Healthcare turnarounds,
- Financial planning and consulting,
- Leadership development and mentoring,
- Embedded specialty program creation, start-up and management;
- Population and continuum management through accountable care organizations and care bundles, and more.