Fresh River Health Care Center is honored to be chosen as the first skilled nursing facility to partner with the UConn Health Huntington’s Disease (HD) Program.
Through a collaborative agreement between Fresh River and the UConn Health HD Program, our staff works with specialists to develop expertise in caring for the long-term care needs of this distinct group of individuals.
Fresh River Health Care Center and UConn Health’s partnership will enhance the care of patients with this disease. The goal of the collaboration is to deliver a continuum of care that strives to maximize function and quality of life for individuals living with Huntington’s Disease.
- UConn Health APRN assessment of patient with HD in the facility
- Personalized Nursing Care Plans
- Physiatrist services
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Social Work Services
- Dietician Services
- Respite care for Caregivers
- Huntington’s Disease Specific Staff Education
- Specialized Adaptive Equipment