RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
Proud to be Stigma-Free: Pictures from Chelsea Place and Touchpoints at Chestnut Kick-Off Events
September 25, 2018As part of National Recovery Month and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Stigma Free Campaign, Chelsea Place Care Center in Hartford and Touchpoints at Chestnut in East Windsor, both iCare Health Network communities, held kick-off, pep-rally type events to celebrate and embrace stigma-free care. More pictures within the full post.
Proud to be Stigma-Free: Trinity Hill Honors Staff Commitment to Stigma-Free Care
September 24, 2018As part of National Recovery Month and the National Alliance on Mental Illness’ Stigma Free Campaign, Trinity Hill Care Center honored staff members committed to being “Supportive, compassionate, and non-judgmental of recovery from mental health and substance abuse disorders.” Staff member were individually recognized for this commitment and awarded a plaque. Much more on iCare Health Network’s commitment to Stigma-Free care is yet to come this week. Stay tuned!
Living With Heart Failure: Education and Support Groups through Hoffman Heart Institute
September 18, 2018As part of Touchpoints Rehab’s partnership with Saint Francis Hospital and the Hoffman Heart Institute, information has been made available on Educational and Support groups for patients with heart failure and their families.
iCare Health Network Represented at 19th Annual CCAR Recovery Walk
September 17, 2018iCare Health Network was well represented at the 19th Annual Recovery Walks! event in Bushnell Park. Representatives from the majority of iCare’ skilled nursing communities turned out for the walk, hosted by Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery. iCare provides extensive Recovery, Behavioral Health and Memory Care programs and is celebrating and embracing National Recovery Month this September by working towards being Stigma Free. The iCare team wore purple shirts that said Proud t…
Appreciation for Police, Fire and EMS on 9-11 from Touchpoints at Manchester and the IHN Family
September 12, 2018It is hard to believe it has been 17 years since 9-11, but for those that witness and experience the service of dedicated public safety providers and first responders each and every day, the staff and residents at Touchpoints at Manchester wanted to make sure our they were reminded of just how much their work is appreciated.
How Caregivers Can Sleep Well Despite Stress
September 11, 2018Caregiving is associated with sleep loss, which can put caregivers at a higher risk of health issues, including cardiovascular disease, altered immune functioning, and depression. Combined with stress, sleep loss is associated with increased severity of fatigue, negative mood, and cognitive impairment. With good sleep, caregivers can manage stress and energy levels, and face each day more prepared to handle daily life and responsibilities. Healthy sleep habits and a priority on sleep can improve…
Touchpoints at Bloomfield Knows How to Beat the Heat
September 5, 2018The staff and residents of Touchpoints at Bloomfield knows how to beat the heat with an impromptu End of Summer Party. The sounds of the blender hard at work making sherbet-coolers we’re met with Summer hits of the 60’s coming from the Recreation Room.
Fresh River is using a virtual reality sEMG biofeedback system known as Synchrony for residents with difficulty swallowing known as dysphagia. The program allows the speech pathologist, as well as the client, to visualize the swallow activity on a television screen. The information allows the patient and therapist to ‘see the swallow’ to help guide the client through therapeutic exercises with a series interactive activities that addresses dysfunction typically associated with d…