RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
Pictures from iCare's Lobby Decorating Contest
December 14, 2018MANCHESTER (December 14, 2018) – On December 12, 2018 members of iCare Health Network’s leadership team visited the lobbies of all 10 iCare care centers across greater Hartford to check out the Christmas decorations. Skits were performed. Carols were sung. Lots of eggnog and cookies were consumed. Check out the pictures!
Chelsea Place to Hold 'Festival of Lights' on December 12th and 13th
December 11, 2018Chelsea Place Care Center in Hartford will hold a Festival of Lights event to raise money for Intercommunity, a non-profit substance use treatment, behavioral health and primary care provider in Hartford and East Hartford. The event will include Pictures with Santa, Hot Cocoa and Bake Sale and Raffle Prizes. $5/ticket, $10 max/family. December 12th 4:00pm-7:00pm; December 13th noon-1:00pm and 4:00-7:00pm.
Outcome and Testimonial: Touchpoints at Chestnut Therapy Department, November 2018
December 10, 2018In late November 2018, Touchpoints at Chestnut’s Therapy Department received a glowing testimonial from a resident who felt his expectations were met and exceeded by the team. In part, he said, “The staff of the therapy department in my opinion were very professional and knowledgeable in their treatment. Overall my experience at Touchpoints therapy was an enjoyable and productive experience…I would recommend Touchpoints at Chestnut therapy unit to anyone.”
The team at Chelsea Place Care Center held a retirement celebration for Maintenance Assistant Azzad Ishmael after 38 years of service. Chelsea Place Administrator Judy Konow expressed her appreciation for all of the years of hard work and dedication. Azzad celebrated with his wife Maureen and his team and was all smiles.
Fresh River Healthcare to Hold 'Christmas Bazaar' on December 8th
December 4, 2018On December 8th Fresh River Healthcare in East Windsor will hold a Christmas Bazaar. The event will include Breakfast with Santa from 8:00am-10:00am with an unlimited pancake bar, a Christmas Tree and Ornament Fundraiser, handcrafted ornaments and decorations, and live and everlasting Christmas Trees for sale
Touchpoints at Bloomfield's Annual Turkey Fry, 2018
November 29, 2018Touchpoints at Bloomfield held their 5th Annual Fry-a-Turkey Event for residents and staff. Deep fried turkeys and sides were prepared by food service staff. Members of the Touchpoints at Bloomfield team made their own signature and famous homemade side dishes to be sampled and judged by iCare Health Network’s Mike Landi and Gwen Cannon and resident Cathy L. Food Service Director Paul DeMaida took First Place with his winning Rosemary and Bacon Corn Bread.
Resident Testimonial: Touchpoints at Manchester Orthopedic Care Bundle Program, 2018
November 27, 2018“The rehab team is great! They helped me to be up and independent so quickly, I made it home in one week. At 85 years old, many people did not think that was possible! I feel ready and confident to go home but more importantly my family feels ready. I will continue to recover by coming back to Touchpoints Rehab Outpatient Center. Touchpoints at Manchester will always be my first and only choice.”
In an annual tradition, the Touchpoints at Bloomfield team hosted and served a Thanksgiving meal to a packed house of 100 guests at the Bloomfield Senior Center. Food was served by Director of Food Services Paul DeMaida and other members of the Touchpoints at Bloomfield leadership team. More pictures in the full post!