RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
Honoring Veterans at Silver Springs Care Center - 2018
November 12, 2018The team at Silver Springs Care Center honored Veteran’s Day by highlighting the military service of many of its residents and staff who had served. Silver Springs is a VA-contract skilled nursing care center and thus regularly care for those who have served our country. More pictures in the post.
Recognizing the Service and Sacrifice of Our Veterans. Never Forget.
November 11, 2018On this Veteran’s Day, on behalf of iCare Health Network, our care centers and entire staff, we would like to honor all of our nation’s veteran’s for their service and their sacrifice for this country. There are dozens of veterans in every iCare facility and we take every opportunity, especially today, to say thank you.
US News and World Report: Touchpoints at Chestnut a 'Best Nursing Home for Short Stay Rehabilitation'
November 8, 2018Touchpoints at Chestnut in East Windsor, CT was named a 2018-19 Best Nursing Home for Short-Stay Rehabilitation by US News and World Report. Chestnut leadership was notified of the honor in mid-October. US News and World Report rating process uses a standard for Best Nursing Home status that is more rigorous than even the star rating system utilized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
60 West's Jim Scott Earns Certified Dietary Manager Distinction
November 5, 201860 West’s Director of Dining Experience, Jim Scott, earned the distinction of Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) from the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals. CDMs are experts at managing foodservice operations and ensuring food safety. They are responsible for implementation of menus, foodservice purchasing, and food preparation. Jim has been with 60 West since its opening five years ago and is with Healthcare Services Group.
iCare Health Network Staff and Residents Celebrate Halloween
November 2, 2018Holidays are always big and exciting for residents and staff at iCare Health Network’s skilled nursing communities. The team kicked the holiday season off right with Halloween celebrations complete with costume contests, trick-or-treating, music and plenty of tasty treats. Gallery in full post.
The team at Chelsea Place celebrated Dorothy Warner, who was retiring from 38 years of service as a Certified Nursing Assistant, all of which took place at Chelsea Place Care Center. Administrator Judy Konow said of Warner, “she is one of the best CNAs ever!” Thank you for your service to our residents, Dorothy. Good luck in all that you do.
Passionately Pink Fundraiser at Chelsea Place to Raise Awareness for Breast Cancer Research
October 29, 2018Chelsea Place held a “Passionately Pink Fundraiser” to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. Entertainment was provided by DJ Niffy and pink cupcakes, drinks and decor completed the theme. All proceeds went to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund to help “save lives and offer hope to people fighting breast cancer.”
Touchpoints at Farmington Celebrates an Employee Safety Milestone
October 26, 2018The Touchpoints at Farmington team celebrated a key milestone in employee safety; 500 days without time lost to a work related injury. For all of their hard work, attention to safety and dedication to a team effort, the staff was treated to brick-oven pizza from Bill’s Mobile Brick Oven. iCare leadership shared with the Touchpoints at Farmington team that it takes “ideas, expectations, management, and enthusiasm to make such a safe workplace.”