RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
The iCare Health Network offers a variety of career opportunities for those with a desire to work in the healthcare industry, including part-time and per diem. NURSING AND NON-CLINICAL POSITIONS: CNAs, LPNs, RNs, RN Supervisors, Housekeeping, Laundry, Dietary, Maintenance and Recreation Positions Available. Learn about our skilled care centers. Bring your resume and come prepared to interview!
Touchpoints Rehab and Touchpoints at Home: A Patient Testimonial on the Continuum of Care - 2019
April 22, 2019“The exceptional knowledge and skills of this Touchpoints rehab team is light years better that I could have ever expected. I am now ready for Outpatient Physical Therapy. I chose Touchpoints Rehab Outpatient services because I will be able to continue my care with the same therapists! How great is that. With Touchpoints at Home and Touchpoints Rehab you get complete success. I highly recommend Touchpoints Rehab and Touchpoints at Home at every level on care.”
Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month – Fresh River Healthcare Adding Respite and Home Assessment
April 18, 2019As Fresh River celebrates its First Anniversary of the Parkinson’s Disease Program, the capacity to support both the patient and the caregiver continues to expand. Families, caregivers and residents have provided feedback through the many events and offerings available and the Fresh River team has responded. This has led to a Home Assessment, with a focus on four key elements, and a specialized Respite Program.
Brad Davis and 'The Talk of Connecticut' Discuss Fresh River Healthcare and the Parkinson's Disease Program
April 15, 2019iCare’s Heather Bale was on The Talk of Connecticut with radio legend Brad Davis and Paul Pacelli discussing the Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorder Program at Fresh River Healthcare as part of Parkinson’s Awareness Month. Brad and Paul asked questions about Fresh River’s program, the disease and cutting edge treatments and supports. Listen here….
Staff from Touchpoints at Manchester participated in the Manchester Senior Center Health Fair. Touchpoints’ Kim Wanegar-Nation, a Physical Therapist, provided information about leading edge technologies to live better with COPD and sleep apnea. Kim provided information about our leading edge Pulmonary Rehabilitation program which offers the services and supports of consulting Pulmonologists, a Care Transitions Respiratory Therapist and high-tech rehabilitation and therapy services.
Mark your calendars for a special presentation at Fresh River Healthcare entitled, ‘Dyskinesia: The Sudden and Uncontrolled Movements of Patients with Parkinson Disease’ by Dr. Duarte Machado of the David and Rhoda Chase Family Movement Disorders Center. Dr. Machado will review the management and the impact of Dyskinesia or Persons with Parkinson’s Disease. Patients, residents, families, caregivers, healthcare providers and interested members of the public are invited to a…
iCare Health Network will be holding four nursing career job fairs in April. Seeking CNAs, LPNs, and RNs for immediate placement. Come see us in Farmington, Meriden, East Windsor and Rocky Hill. Share this link with a friend!
April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month and awareness is key to improving care and advancing research toward a cure. Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive movement disorder and is a neuro-degenerative disease whereby cells responsible for producing dopamine die off in the substantia nigra area of the brain. Dopamine is essential for movement as it acts as a transmitter for signals from the brain to other parts of the body.