RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
“My family have been fans of Touchpoints at Manchester for many years, so when I needed rehab after my open heart surgery Touchpoints was my only choice. I experienced many complications but the amazing nurses and therapists were on top of things every step of the way…I am so surprised that I am going home so soon after all I have been through. My family and I feel confident that I am ready, and we all have the education and services I need to continue my recovery.”
Regina Estrada, Certified Dementia Practitioner of the Year, Pictured on Times Square Billboard
February 6, 2019Silver Springs’ Charge Nurse Regina Estrada won Certified Dementia Practitioner of the Year in 2018, as awarded by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP). See the original blog post here… On February 5th a picture of Regina posing with her certificate and NCCDP’s Lynn Biot-Gordon, COO, and Rhonda Branda, President, appeared in the famous digital billboards of Times Square, New York, New York.
Westside Care Center is Ready for the Super Bowl
February 1, 2019Westside Care Center is already in the Super Bowl spirit with a few days left to go. On Friday, February 1st the Westside team wore their Patriots jerseys to celebrate their New England team. Sunday’s Super Bowl bash for residents will include pizza, wings and a homemade cake made by Theresa in Food Service.
Park Place Health Center Joins the iCare Health Network Under the Name Parkville Care Center
January 29, 2019On January 25, 2019, iCare Health Network assumed operation of Park Place Health Center on Greenwood Street in Hartford. The 150-bed skilled nursing care center will emerge and operate under the name “Parkville Care Center” as recognition of its important place and history in the Parkville neighborhood of Hartford. Park Place has played a vital role in skilled nursing and long-term care for the City and region, especially for the Hispanic population it has historically served.
Silver Springs Care Center Celebrates an Employee Safety Milestone
January 25, 2019Silver Springs Care Center team celebrated a key milestone in employee safety; 750 days without time lost to a work related injury. For all of their hard work, attention to safety and dedication to a team effort, the each shift was treated to a Pizza Party complete with wings and salad. Once the party was scheduled Silver Springs had already crossed through 780 days without lost time!
Touchpoints Rehab's CHF Program to be featured on Fox61's 'Northeast Living' with Rachel Lutzker
January 23, 2019Fox 61’s Rachel Lutzker filmed a segment for Northeast Living featuring Touchpoints Rehab’s signature Congestive Heart Failure rehabilitation program. The clip will air on Valentine’s Day and will include an interview with Touchpoints at Bloomfield’s Director of Nursing Shanta Griffiths and iCare Health Network’s Director of Transitional Care Sarah Landi. Tune in to Fox61 on Valentine’s Day or check back here for the full interview.
Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
January 21, 2019There are so many deep and meaningful quotes attributed to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. “The time is always right to do what is right” and “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘what are you doing for others’” resonate strongly for those in healthcare and in daily service to others.
Touchpoints at Farmington Makes Technology and Social Media Training Available to Residents
January 18, 2019In partnership with social media and web consultants New Industria, Touchpoints at Farmington provided technology and social media training to residents. Knowing that with the holidays comes new gadgets, Touchpoints offered an hour long training session for a handful of residents on use of their tablets and devices, how to stay connected via social media and email, and other topics meant to increase their accessibility and communication with loved ones and their communities.