RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility, assisted living or other post-acute care setting to another. iCare Health Network is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare Health Network skilled nursing care center to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within six iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
Sarah Howroyd, Manchester native, licensed social worker, and honored change agent, was recently chosen to receive the 2020 GMCC Community Achievement Award. Each year the Community Achievement Award is given to a special individual as gratitude for all they do to help make Manchester a better place to live, work, and do business. This award, in its 25th year, is presented to an individual who exemplifies the true meaning of community; one who volunteers, who leads, who gives freely of themselve…
The East Windsor Office of Massachusetts based NRX Logistics kindly and generously sent an ice cream truck to Fresh River Healthcare on Thursday. NRX’s Facility Manager, John Navin, shared that the company wanted to thank front line workers and share some fun. Administrator Jim Christofori and team were spotted ordering and enjoying cold treats. Thanks so much John Navin and the NRX team for thinking of Fresh River Healthcare and for your generosity!
George Floyd was created in the image of God yet he was deprived of his unalienable rights, his life and his future. We condemn this senseless killing and pray that the Lord uses this tragedy and the others that have unfolded in recent weeks as a seminal event towards change. iCare supports the fight against racism in all its forms. As a company that wholeheartedly embraces diversity and celebrates its communities of color, we reject injustice, inequality, discrimination, violence and hate. …
Abby's Helping Hand Delivers Gifts to Fresh River Healthcare and Touchpoints at Chestnut
May 29, 2020Sarah and Stephanie Cota of Abby’s Helping Hand, presented 100 gift bags each to Touchpoints at Chestnut and Fresh River Healthcare leadership. The gifts were for the care center staff to express gratitude and support for all they do to provide care for their residents, especially in these challenging times. According to their website, the mission of Abby’s Helping Hand is to improve the quality of life for those afflicted with mitochondrial and other chronic diseases through support, educat…
Connecticut nursing home employees are ‘family…where family can’t be.’ How do we know there will be a ‘Better Day”? Because these amazing caregivers are laser-focused on compassionate care and recovery. They are making it happen now. There will be a Better Day.
Taking a moment to solemnly remember, celebrate and eternally thank those that gave their life in the service of the greater good, in the service of their country, and in the service of all of us. On behalf of a grateful nation.
Parkville Care Center Celebrates National Nursing Home Week with Superhero Day and 'Words of Wisdom' Week
May 15, 2020May 10-16, 2020 is National Nursing Home Week. What is usually a very festive week, full of Springtime activities like BBQs, picnics, Fairs and games for residents and staff has been much more muted due to the fight against COVID-19. However, there are still ways to celebrate the residents, staff and culture of long term care while remaining mindful of social distancing, infection control precautions and all of the challenges of life during a pandemic.
Rotary Club of Manchester Sends Rein's to Healthcare Heroes at Touchpoints at Manchester and Westside Care Center
May 14, 2020The Rotary Club of Manchester had dinners for Rein’s Deli in Vernon delivered to the staff at Touchpoints at Manchester and Westside Care Center. The service club, whose motto is Service Above Self, donated 80 meals for the second shift. The delicious food from the renowned deli was very much appreciated by the staff and came during the middle of National Nursing Home Week. Although this week’s events are muted given the current status of the COVID-19 pandemic, it remains a great t…