RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
Staff from Multiple iCare Health Network Communities Recognized at the CAHCF Annual Meeting
July 18, 2018Employees from multiple iCare Health Network managed communities won awards and scholarships at the Connecticut Association of Health Care Facilities 89th Annual Meeting, held on the north lawn of Mystic Seaport. Photo gallery in the post!
Touchpoints at Farmington celebrated a milestone in promoting and delivering on workplace safety, celebrating 400 hundred consecutive days without a lost day to workplace injury. In addition, Farmington has accrued another 30 days since the milestone was official and are working hard towards a goal of 500 days. More photos in the post.
Reverend Guillermo Garcia was named Volunteer of the Year for his service to the residents and families of residents and Trinity Hill Care Center in Hartford, CT. Many times our residents come to Trinity Hill and its iRecovery Program at the lowest time of their lives. Rev. Garcia is noteworthy in his fifteen years of tireless dedication. His weekly visits occur without fail. He has lent spiritual guidance in counsel to hundreds of residents in his decade and a half of service to Trinity Hil…
Happy Independence Day!
July 4, 2018
In mid-June 2018, Touchpoints at Manchester received a very kind testimonial from a resident who received care at Touchpoints as a contracted VA facility. Touchpoints has been a VA contracted facility since September of 2017 and recently had a full Open House and Flag Retirement Ceremony to thank our Veterans in residence for their service and formally launch the program.
Touchpoints at Bloomfield staff and residents celebrated “the backbone” of the staff, the nursing assistants, as part of National Nursing Assistants Week. According to the National Network of Career Nursing Assistants website, The 41st annual National Nursing Assistants’ Week provides a timely opportunity to foster and showcase the wonderful things that can happen for residents and workers when we join together in planning your special Week, “Nursing Assistants: Creating a Commu…
On June 21, 2018 the Mister Softee ice cream truck visited Touchpoints at Bloomfield to bring the residents and staff a cool treat to start the Summer off right. According to Touchpoints’ Cindy Payne, “TAB knows how to celebrate the first day of Summer; with a visit from Mister Softee! The residents loved it and so did the staff. Staff helped transport the residents to their special treat and it was a great success!”
At this year’s Goodwin College’s graduation, Fresh River Healthcare’s Therapeutic Recreation Director Lauren Attenello was named the 2018 valedictorian. Lauren, whose mother Justine has been with Fresh River for over 30 years, has been with Fresh River for over two years but she has volunteering in some capacity at Fresh River since she was six years old. According to mom Justine, she has been around the elderly population all of her life and treated it as a calling.