MANCHESTER (March 24, 2021) – As part of this Job Alert for the iCare Health Network, this post is highlighting seven total positions that are currently listed on iCare’s careers page. Check out the full postings and all of iCare’s open positions at ICARE.CAREERS.
- Vice President of Case Management - iCare Health Network
- Regional Clinical Director - iCare Health Network
- MDS Coordinator – Touchpoints at Chestnut and 60 West
- Staff Development - Infection Control Nurse - Touchpoints at Manchester
- Assistant Director of Nursing – Westside Care Center (Manchester, CT) and Parkville Care Center (Hartford, CT)
Vice President of Case Management - RN See FULL JOB POSTING
The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic and compliance leadership related to the coding and reimbursement process, help drive the overall delivery of services to managed care and Medicare residents, and analyze the effectiveness of case management and related programs as it connects to patient care for all iCare managed facilities.
Must possess a degree in Nursing from an accredited school, or be a graduate of an approved RN program.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Social Services, Case Management, Public Health or a related field.
This position requires 7 years of progressively more responsible job related experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or related health care facility.
Must have a working knowledge of managed care regulations and guidelines.
Must have current CT Nursing license.
Demonstrated experience in census/ business development, and strategic planning.
Candidate must have experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and the Internet.
Must be able to manage multiple projects, work with all disciplines in a challenging multi-cultural environment, and independently make sound judgments.
- MDS: 5 years (Preferred)
- CT RN License (Required)
Regional Clinical Director See Full Job Posting
The primary purpose of this position is to support assigned iCare managed facilities in the areas of clinical standards, delivery of nursing care services, resident care planning, and clinical regulatory compliance. This position will also be responsible for supporting interface with government/regulatory agencies and training and development of facility leadership and staff.
Specific duties include:
- Assists facility leadership in promoting high-quality, nursing practices and the development of the facility, clinical team.
- Develops and coordinates orientation and education of clinical staff
- Evaluates facility clinical procedures and practices, makes recommendations for improvement.
- Supports the clinical team in ongoing, strategic planning, quality assessments and audits.
- Coaches/educates clinical staff in new regulations, clinical methods and procedures. Assists in implementing new initiatives.
- Participates in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies.
- Supports facility leadership in maintaining a collaborative, patient-centered, work environment by connecting the facility to available, regional services.
- Qualified candidates will have:
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in Long-Term Healthcare
- BSN Preferred
- Must have working knowledge of State and Federal Regulations.
- Must have thorough knowledge of state survey process, survey tag numbers and quality measures.
- Must possess ability to develop and implement policies and procedures related to resident care.
- Must be knowledgeable of Quality Assurance/Improvement process.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and work with all disciplines in a challenging, multi-cultural environment.
- Must be able to travel 90-100% throughout the Hartford and greater Hartford area.
- CT RN License (Required)
RN- MDS Coordinator See Full Job Posting
iCare Health Network is seeking a dynamic and experienced MDS Coordinator to join our team. This full time position includes a competitive salary, benefit package, the potential for advancement and professional growth.
Candidates must be a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Connecticut.
The MDS/Clinical Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the “Resident Assessment Instrument” process to ensure accurate and timely completion of resident assessments in accordance with Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid, OBRA and other payor program requirements:
- Resident assessments - evaluate the quality of emotional, mental, and physical care being given to patients.
- Perform the initial interview and assess new residents.
- Develop a care plan that has long-term and short-term goals for improvement.
- Conduct meetings with the multidisciplinary treatment team, caretakers, and families to discuss these goals and plans of action.
- Preparing and electronically transmitting timely reports to the national Medicare and Medicaid database
- Ensuring the accuracy of medical records and coding procedures is essential for a facility to receive proper reimbursement. Must be proficient in MDS and RAI
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment is strongly preferred
- MDS Nurse or Clinical Reimbursement Specialist in a SNF: 2 years (Required)
- Long term Care: 2 years (Required)
When you provide us with the above, we provide you with:
- A base pay of: Based on Experience.
- Opportunities for continuing education with monthly MDS meetings, opportunity to attend conferences and offer the ability to obtain RAC-CT certification to help keep you abreast of developments in the MDS, Medicare, Managed Medicare, and care planning processes.
Staff Development - Infection Control Nurse See Full Job Posting
iCare Health Network is seeking a dynamic and experienced Staff Development/Infection Control Nurse to join our team at Touchpoints at Manchester. Come and join our progressive and impressive team of professionals. We offer a competitive salary and the potential for advancement and professional growth.
Our SDC/ ICN Nurses are responsible for:
- Developing and implementing quality in-service education programs for staff, as may be required in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Evaluating quality impact of in-service programs, amends as required based on outcome.
- Spending a majority of time on the nursing units to evaluate and correct nursing care as needed.
- Wound Care
- Ensuring that the facility is in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, state & federal regulations.
- Developing, maintaining, and periodically updating infection control precautions.
- Interpreting infection control policies and procedures as necessary.
- Performing periodic testing of facility prepared sterile packs, bundles and supplies.
- Ensuring that staff are implementing standard operating procedures for tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Assisting in developing and implementing guidelines for the decontamination and sterilization activities performed in the facility.
- Coaching employees on proper nursing practices and procedures.
- Making house rounds regularly throughout the shift and consults with RN Supervisor and Charge Nurses on education needs and infection control practices.
- Ensuring educational programs are current and in line with government regulations, company policies and procedures, mission and goals.
- Providing appropriate climate for learning and facilitates the adult learning process
- Assisting adult learners to identify both their learning needs and the effective learning activities required to meet clinical needs.
- Available to respond to clinical emergencies, regulatory agency visits, surveys and issues outside of normal work hours as needed; participates in on-call rotation for clinical emergencies and other clinical/facility issues.
- Assisting the DNS in on-going training of nursing staff to support clinical services and to meet and exceed established clinical competency levels; monitors and assists in the training of specialty unit personnel to maintain active competencies and/or certifications required for the specific unit.
They must also have:
- State of CT RN License
- Must have at least 2 years of increased responsibility in a supervisory position in long term care and/or rehabilitation facility or hospital setting or equivalent nursing education degree program.
- Six (6) months of training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices preferred.
- Knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases, and aseptic techniques preferred.
- IV Certification required.
- Experience with state survey process, survey tag numbers, and quality measures preferred.
When you provide us with the above, we provide you with:
- A Competitive Salary: Based on Experience.
- Opportunities for continuing education with monthly SDC & Infection Control meetings, excellent benefits, and more.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
Assistant Director of Nursing See Full Job Posting
iCare Health Network is looking for an experienced ADNS to work at Westside Care Center or Parkville Care Center. We take pride and celebrate our diversity within our residents, staff, and community. If you have the desire to make a difference in the daily life of our residents and staff and feel appreciated everyday, then this is the place for you.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of increased responsibility and experience in a supervisory position in long term care.
- Previous experience as an RN Supervisor or Assistant Director of Nursing Service (ADNS) required.
- Experience with state survey process and quality measures.
- Must maintain current/active State of Connecticut RN license.
- Prefer Bachelors or Associate Degree in a health related field.
- Must have working knowledge (experience preferred) with various software.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and work with all disciplines in a challenging multi-cultural environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of Quality Assurance/Improvement process as well as state/federal regulations and surveys.
- Must maintain current active CPR and IV certification.